Academic Year 2024 (first semester)
The Stricto Sensu Graduate Program in Communication, at the Master's and Doctoral level, announces the opening of applications for the selection of candidates to fill vacancies for the first semester of the 2024 academic year, from September 1st to November 10th, 2023.
Application will be made online only.
The candidate must submit the following documents:
- Copy of identity card or other identification document with national validity, for Brazilian candidates;
- Copy of birth or marriage certificate;
- Copy of CPF;
- Copy of the academic transcript of the undergraduate course(s);
- Double-sided copy of the diploma(s) of the registered undergraduate course(s) of a course recognized by the MEC;
- Double-sided copy of the Master's degree diploma, for PhD candidates;
- Copy of Academic Transcript of the Master's Course, for Doctoral candidates;
- Documented curriculum vitae (preferably Lattes);
- Pre-project which includes: theme proposal, presentation, objective and bibliography, according to the model ANNEX I, on p. 8 of this Notice (*);
- Registration fee in the amount of R$ 45.00(**);
- Copy of proof of payment of the registration fee.
Foreign applicants must also submit:
- l) Copy of the National Registry of Foreigners (RNE) or document proving regular stay in Brazil;
- m) CELPE-BRAS certificate of sufficiency in Portuguese (http://portal.inep.gov.br/acoes-internacionais/celpe-bras). The registration protocol for the exam may be accepted.
Applicants who attended undergraduate or Master's degrees in foreign institutions must submit the following documents:
- Copy of academic transcript and duly revalidated graduation course diploma, according to current legislation, except in the case of international agreements, provided that they are incorporated by Brazil;
- Copy of academic record and Master's degree, duly recognized by a Brazilian program recognized by CAPES, for Doctoral candidates.
(*) The Pre-Research Project must bring relevant elements to the Communication Area and/or adhere to the scope of research carried out by professors linked to the Program, as provided at the address: https://www.unip.br/cursos/pos_graduacao/strictosensu/comunicacao/corpo_docente.aspx
The Pre-Research Project presented in the selection process may change if the candidate is selected.
(**) The registration fee must be paid by bank slip generated at the end of completing the online registration form.
The bank slip cannot be paid at the UNIP treasury.
Candidates must send digital copies of the documents, in PDF format, to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org and wait for confirmation of receipt. Only legible copies in original sizes will be accepted.
In case of approval in the selection process, all documents must have their originals presented at the time of registration.
Applications with partial delivery of illegible documents or documents that do not strictly comply with the provisions of this public notice will not be accepted.
The selection of the Master and Doctorate Program comprises:
Phase I - Eliminatory
The enrollment shall only be validated upon payment of the bank payment slip and sending full documentation within the time limit set.
Validation is done by confirmation email sent to the candidate
Phase II - Only to candidates approved in Phase I
Written Test, Examination of Proficiency in Foreign Language and Analysis of the Research Project.
Phase III - Only to candidates approved in Phases I and II
Interview with candidates approved in Phases II.
If necessary, due to the social distancing measures, some stages of the Selection Process may be carried out remotely by means of videoconferencing or other technology of synchronous transmission of sound and image, provided that it is approved by the Program Board.
PHASE I - REGISTRATION AND DELIVERY OF DOCUMENTS
From September 1st to November 10th, 2023
The registration will only be validated upon payment of the bank slip and submission of the complete documentation within the stipulated period.
PHASE II - SELECTION EXAMS FOR APPROVED CANDIDATES IN PHASE I
November 23, 2023 (Thursday): Knowledge Test – 9 am
Proficiency in a Foreign Language – 11 hours
PHASE III - INTERVIEW FOR APPROVED CANDIDATES IN PHASE I and II
November 30, 2023 (Thursday): Call for classifieds for Stage III.
December 4, 2023 (Monday): Interview with those summoned, starting at 9 am.
In place of the foreign language proficiency exams for admission to the Postgraduate Program in Communication, the Secretariat will only accept the certificates listed below:
a) English: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) - minimum of 213 points and maximum of 300 points; certificate valid for two years; and, IELTS (International English Language Test System) - minimum of 6.0 points; certificate valid for two years.
b) French: Certificate from the Alliance Française, with a minimum of 70 points and validity of one year.
c) Spanish: DELE (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language), intermediate level at Instituto Cervantes.
The non-attendance to any of the tests of Phase II will imply the automatic elimination of the candidate from the selection process.
IMPORTANT: If it is necessary to carry out the Selection Process remotely, the interviews and tests will be carried out through videoconference. In the case of the Knowledge Test, the test will be carried out using an electronic form whose completion will be conditioned to the candidate's permanence in a videoconference during the entire test period.
The Foreign Language Proficiency Test will only take place in person. Thus, if necessary, subsequent scheduling will occur. If necessary, the candidate approved in the other stages of the Selection Process will be able to register normally, but will be required to carry out the evaluation according to the provisions of the Program Regulation.
Links to Evidence and Interviews will later be sent by email by the Secretariat.
December 11, 2023 (Monday) from 6pm – Disclosure of those approved
Enrollments must be made in person at the Program Office from January 08 to 19, 2024, at which time the candidate must:
- Submit the following original documents:
a) Identity Card or other identification document with national validity, for Brazilian candidates;
c) Birth or Marriage Certificate;
d) Diploma of the Undergraduate Course of a course recognized by the MEC, registered;
e) Academic Transcript of the Undergraduate Course of a course recognized by the MEC;
f) Diploma of the Master's Course in a course recommended by CAPES, registered, for candidates to the Doctorate;
g) Academic Transcript of the Master's Course in a course recommended by CAPES, for PhD candidates;
h) 2 3x4 photographs (recent).
Foreign applicants must also submit:
1) National Registry of Foreigners (RNE) or document proving regular stay in Brazil;
j) CELPE-BRAS certificate of proficiency in Portuguese.
Candidates who have attended undergraduate courses in foreign institutions must present the following documents:
k) Academic transcript and diploma of the graduation course duly revalidated, according to the current legislation, except in the case of international agreements, as long as they are incorporated by Brazil.
l) Academic record and Master's degree, duly recognized by a Brazilian program recognized by CAPES, for Doctorate candidates.
- Sign the Educational Services Agreement.
- Choose the subjects to be taken in the semester.
- Withdraw the ticket to pay the registration fee.
Postgraduate Secretariat (Stricto Sensu) of UNIP
Rua Dr. Bacelar, 1212 - 4th floor - Vila Clementino - São Paulo - SP
ZIP CODE 04026-002
Secretary of the Program: Christina Rodrigues
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday (except holidays), from 8:00 a.m. to noon and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
START OF CLASSES
February 19, 2024 (Monday)
The Master's Program in Communication has PROSUP scholarships offered by CAPES.